PrivacyStar 3.0 App Delivers Scam Blocking and Caller ID
Android App Update Includes Enhancements to Scam Blocking, Caller ID, Robocall and Nuisance Call Identification and Reverse Number Lookups
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. – March 8, 2017 – First Orion today announced PrivacyStar™ 3.0, the only call management app that allows users to identify and file complaints about harassing or illegal calls directly to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). The redesigned Android app now provides Scam Blocking, Real-Time Nuisance Call Identification, Caller ID and Unlimited Reverse Number Lookups.
PrivacyStar 3.0 is the first mobile app to integrate with the recently announced First Orion Network Enterprise Solutions (FONES) platform. With FONES, PrivacyStar 3.0 is now able to identify new scam callers over 10 times faster than previous versions, while providing real-time identification of nuisance callers and scammers.
PrivacyStar is available as a free download in the Google Play Store.
“Mobile consumers in the U.S. are inundated with over 150 million nuisance calls a day,” said Jeff Stalnaker, President of First Orion. “Our mission has always been to provide caller transparency and protect consumers against unwanted calls whether through our PrivacyStar app or our recently launched FONES that enables carriers to seamlessly protect all customers from identified malicious callers, such as scammers that use robocalling.”
PrivacyStar features include:
- Block Calls from anyone, including unwanted calls from Telemarketers, Scammers, Nuisance Callers, Collection Agencies, Surveys, Political Calls, Unwanted Alerts and Notifications or any personal calls.
- Stop Scams from all known scammers. PrivacyStar updates 24 hours a day to ensure subscribers receive the most up to date information.
- Identify Incoming Calls to see who is calling and why. Real-Time Caller ID presents the caller name and additional category information (Telemarketing, Collections, etc.).
- Blocks Categories of calls such as Scammers, Telemarketers, Collection Calls, Nuisance Calls, Survey Calls, Political Calls and other call categories at once.
- Look Up Numbers without limits, enabling subscribers to lookup any number at any time. PrivacyStar quickly returns a result displaying who owns the number and what they might be using it for.
- Report Callers by filing complaints against abusive or aggressive callers. These complaints are collected and passed directly to the FTC to help put a stop to nuisance callers.
Pricing and Availability
PrivacyStar is available as a free download in the Google Play Store. ScamBlock, complaint filing and identification of known offenders is offered as an ongoing free service to protect all Android users. All other services and features are available as part of a 7 day free trial, with continued use provided at $2.99 per month or $19.99 per year.
PrivacyStar is available as a free download for Android smartphones and iPhones and powers call management solutions for many leading mobile carriers. Each month, PrivacyStar blocks millions of calls and files hundreds of thousands of call complaints on behalf of customers directly with the Federal Trade Commission for Do Not Call, Fair Debt Collections Practices Act and TCPA (Telecommunications Consumer Protection Act) violations. PrivacyStar is a First Orion company.
About First Orion
First Orion, provides data and phone call transparency solutions across multiple platforms, world-class data solutions, in-network call control and its PrivacyStar powered application solutions. First Orion Network Enterprise Solutions (FONES) currently provides call control, call blocking, call transparency and call management solutions to millions of mobile handsets. With branded and white-labeled applications as well as in-network solutions, First Orion assists mobile carriers in protecting mobile subscribers from unwanted or unknown calls, including Scammers, robocalls and Telemarketers. First Orion is headquartered in Little Rock, Arkansas with offices in Seattle, Dallas and London. For regular updates, please visit www.FirstOrion.com.
PrivacyStar and First Orion are registered trademarks of First Orion Corp. All registered or unregistered trademarks are the sole property of their respective owners.