Service Specific Terms
Last Updated: April 7, 2023
These Service Specific Terms for Sentry (“Service Specific Terms”) govern your use of the identified services below and are in addition to the First Orion Terms of Service (“Terms”). Capitalized terms used but not defined in these Service Specific Terms will have the respective meanings assigned to them in the Terms. First Orion may modify these Service Specific Terms from time to time as our business changes and technology evolves. The most current version of these Service Specific Terms will be available on the Customer Portal. If you do not agree to these Service Specific Terms or any changes thereto, your sole remedy is to stop using the Services. Use of the Services after any changes shall constitute acceptance of the updated Service Specific Terms.
First Orion’s Sentry solution (the “Sentry Service” or “Services”) protects against illegal or unwanted spoofing by allowing for the submission via API of paired A numbers and B numbers and the time frame within which the paired calls will be made, such that any call that does not meet the assigned criteria will be blocked.
- Definitions. The following capitalized terms shall have the meaning set forth below.
- API (or Pre-Call API) - means the application program interface that is used to connect to the Services.
- Billable Transaction is defined as any call made from the A numbers designated to receive the Sentry Services to a T-Mobile or T-Mobile MVNO handset by First Orion using the Sentry Services.
- Distribution Partnerstrong> – means any third party telecommunications carrier designated in your Order Form with First Orion that provides functionality for the Services.
- Personal Data – means any information relating to (i) an identified or identifiable natural person or (ii) an identified or identifiable legal entity (where such information is protected similarly as personal data or personally identifiable information under applicable data protections laws, rules and regulations).
- Services Description
- The Services authenticate calls from A numbers designated to receive the Sentry Service before they terminate in the Distribution Partner network. Prior to initiating a call, a Pre-Call API request will be used to submit the A Number and B Number pair which create a unique hashed key used to authenticate the call. A Time to Live (TTL) is also submitted in the API request and controls how long the hashed key is allowed to remain active. Customer may configure the value of the TTL, subject to the constraints established by First Orion for the Services (as modified from time to time by First Orion). All calls made from the A number that do not have a Pre-Call API or that do not have a hashed key match will be blocked and not delivered. As a result, only calls to the B numbers submitted with the Pre-Call API will be delivered from the associated A numbers during the designated time frame.
- First Orion will only block calls terminating in the Distribution Partner network based on the data included in the Pre-Call API request or in the event a call is made from A numbers of Customer designated to receive the Sentry Service where no Pre-Call API has been received by First Orion for such calls. CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT (i) CUSTOMER IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION SUBMITTED IN THE PRE-CALL API, AND FIRST ORION HAS NO LIABILITY RELATED TO THE DELIVERY OF, OR FAILURE TO DELIVER, CALLS MADE ON BEHALF OF ANY CUSTOMER BASED ON INACCURATE INFORMATION SUBMITTED IN THE PRE-CALL API AND (ii) FOR THOSE A NUMBERS OF CUSTOMER FOR WHICH CUSTOMER HAS ACQUIRED FIRST ORION’S SENTRY SERVICE, IN THE EVENT A CALL IS MADE FROM SUCH NUMBERS WITHOUT A PRE-CALL API (INCLUDING CALLS FOR WHICH NO PRE-CALL API IS UTILIZED BY CUSTOMER), SUCH CALLS TERMINATING IN THE DISTRIBUTION PARTNER NETWORK WILL BE BLOCKED.
- In order to utilize the Services, the following fields must be included in the Pre-Call API request:
- Calling Party (A) number
- Called Party (B) number
- BusinessID – this will be a specific string in the display name field
- Service – indicator for Sentry
- Time to Live (TTL) – the length of time the check key will be active before deletion
- First Orion Responsibilities
- Specifications. First Orion will make available Documentation applicable to the use of the Services which may include details for the delivery of data to First Orion, formats, Program requirements and restrictions, device compatibility, and instructions for use of the Customer Portal. Any updates to the Documentation will be made available via the Customer Portal.
- Training. First Orion will make available reasonable education and training in order to facilitate Customer’s use of the Services which may be provided through online tutorials and/or instructions.
- Support Services. Customer support will be available Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Central Standard Time via Zendesk on the Customer Portal.
- First Orion will make available to Customer the standard reports specified in the Customer Portal.
- Compliance and Consents
- Customer authorizes First Orion to (i) use Customer Data to deliver, support, document, monitor and enhance the Services and (ii) disclose pseudonymized Customer Data that has been aggregated with similar data of other First Orion clients ensuring that the Customer Data may not be identified with Customer or any individual person or household. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Customer authorizes First Orion to disclose its identity to the Distribution Partner(s) and its affiliates, agents and contractors in connection with the provision of the Services, including the number of paired calls made by each Customer and the number of blocks executed by First Orion when the API is executed by Customer. Except as set out herein, First Orion will not provide Customer Data to any third parties for a purpose other than processing the Customer Data in accordance with these SSTs and shall take all reasonably appropriate confidentiality and security measures to protect such Customer Data.
- To the extent that Customer Data includes Personal Data, Customer is a processor of the Personal Data and First Orion is a sub-processor. First Orion agrees to process the Personal Data as described herein and in accordance with the Data Processing Addendum. Customer acknowledges, agrees, and represents that is has all rights necessary to collect, use, process, transfer and disclose Personal Data to First Orion and that its use of such Personal Data is conducted pursuant to a lawful basis as defined by applicable law, including appropriate consent where required. Customer will ensure that its use of Personal Data in connection with the Services is in compliance with all applicable data protections laws, rules and regulations.
- License and Restrictions
- Subject to Customer’s compliance with the Terms, First Orion grants to Customer a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-transferable license during the Term of the applicable Order Form, to access the API for the purpose of using the Services as described herein.
- Except as specifically provided herein, Customer shall not (and shall not permit others to): (i) license, sub-license, sell, transfer, distribute or share the use of the Services or access to the API with any third parties; (ii) create derivative works based on, build upon, or otherwise modify the Services without express written consent from First Orion; (iii) disassemble, reverse engineer or decompile the Services or otherwise attempt to discover the underlying structure, ideas or algorithms of the Services; (iv) access the Services in order to develop a competing product or service; or (v) use the Services to provide a service for others that is not contemplated under the applicable Order Form.
- Branded Communication Services
- In the event that Customer has not signed an Order Form or separate agreement providing for the use of the INFORM® Service, any use of the API to access and use INFORM shall be subject to the Branded Communication – INFORM® Service Specific Terms located at https://firstorion.com/branded-communications-inform-service-specific-terms-dev/, and Customer will be charged a fee of $0.10 for each call treated using INFORM.